• Vehicle Donation Form: Complete the simple form and CarDana will not only provide an estimate of your cars donation value, but an idea of how much YOU will be helping the kids we serve!
• Pick Up Your Vehicle: CarDana will contact you to arrange a time and place for us to pick up the vehicle at your convenience.
• Vehicle is Sold: Your donated vehicle will be sold! All proceeds from the sale will be reconciled with your CarDana account with full transparency of all details.
• Money Donated! We will receive a majority of the proceeds, typically in 30 days or less - THANK YOU!
• Keep your paperwork in order, obtain and retain a written acknowledgement from CASA-OC about your non-cash donation
• Value your vehicle correctly, as you can only deduct the exact amount that your car sells for at auction, as indicated on the written receipt we send you after the sale
• CASA-OC has a 501(c)(3) public charity status with the IRS, so the full donation value (price sold at auction) is tax deductible in the year of the vehicle donation
• Keep in mind that as a vehicle tax write-off, the value of your car is used to reduce your taxable income, meaning you may owe less taxes depending on your situation
This is not a complete list of tips nor does it constitute legal or tax advice.